After a few days of a really flaky internet connection and problems with my wireless network I started to wonder if it all was my ADSL connection or possibly my Airport Express was on its way out.
So I went ahead and replaced my Airport Express with my new Airport Extreme which I had been meaning to use for something else, but was currently hiding in a cupboard.
Apart from not plugging in the power properly (wondered why I couldn’t find it when I scanned for it) and a double NAT issue, it is working fine and seems to be making a real difference to my connection and the reliability of the wireless network.
As I have 802.11g devices I can’t use a pure 802.11n network, but even so it does seem a little faster.
We’ll have to see if this change of Airport base station solves the issues I have been having over the last few days, I certainly hope so.