I did mention I was having an issue with my wireless network topology and channels. I was having to use the Automatic channel setting which meant my older UFO shaped Airport Extreme decided channel 13 was best.
Well first problem I had was my HP TC1100 Tablet PC did not like channel 13 and refused to connect and co-operate.
So I knew I had to change the channel.
Well I changed the channel from Automatic (13) to channel 6 and guess what? Yes it all works fine now!
After a few days of a really flaky internet connection and problems with my wireless network I started to wonder if it all was my ADSL connection or possibly my Airport Express was on its way out.
So I went ahead and replaced my Airport Express with my new Airport Extreme which I had been meaning to use for something else, but was currently hiding in a cupboard.
Apart from not plugging in the power properly (wondered why I couldn’t find it when I scanned for it) and a double NAT issue, it is working fine and seems to be making a real difference to my connection and the reliability of the wireless network.
As I have 802.11g devices I can’t use a pure 802.11n network, but even so it does seem a little faster.
We’ll have to see if this change of Airport base station solves the issues I have been having over the last few days, I certainly hope so.
Recently I have been having a few issues with the connectivity of my Airport Express base station.
I have had to power cycle the base station a couple of times now, as the wireless network just seemed to stop working.
My Airport Express is quite old now, I bought it when it was first released and on the Apple Discussion Forums there have been quite a few people who have had issues with their Airport Express units “dying”.
I am not sure why I am losing connectivity, there doesn’t seem to be a pattern.
I am not too worried as I have a spare wireless base station or two hanging around, it’s more the hassle of reconfiguring the wireless network and all the clients.