Well, so I thought we had the same error as before.
I found our phone last week wasn’t working, did all the checks, but still couldn’t get a dial tone or receive calls.
Raised the fault with BT who fixed it in a couple of days.
Yesterday I found our landline wasn’t working, still no dial tone.
I couldn’t raise a new fault, as the old one hadn’t been closed. So I went through a long online chat to get the fault resolved and an engineer visit booked.
However in the end it was apparent that this wasn’t a BT fault, it was a problem with one of our sockets (I think more the filter) that meant that our landline was working, so I cancelled the BT engineer visit.